I said, "Bangles?"

He said, "Yeah, Bengals.

I was listening to the radio and whenever the Bengals are mentioned, people do a little chant."
Me: They what? Cincinnati has a chant about the Bangles?

Mike: "Yeah, it's like 'Who dey! Who dey! Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?'"
Me: WHAT? What does that even mean? Why does Cincinnati love the Bangles? Are they from there?
Mike: What...
Me: Bangles?

Mike: No.... No. Football team. Football.

And I was left to wonder why they named their football team after an '80s girl band that wasn't even FROM there.
Anyway, we love it here so far and the Bumble was amazing during the 10 hour drive here. She's been enjoying crawling around everywhere, exploring new spaces. After we get settled in, we start the process of transitioning her to her crib...
3 comments:
I was about to tell you that the Bangels actually are from Akron, Ohio, but then I took the always-advisable step and Googled it. Turns out I totally made that up--they're all from LA. SOMEONE cool is from Akron, but now I can't remember who.
Hahahahahahaha. An all too familiar mistake. It's delightful to see it illustrated.
Devo is from Akron!!!
Post a Comment