Something happens to your brain when there is a new baby. It's not just me, either-- even Mike is exhibiting signs of the crazy. Mike is usually the practical, levelheaded one in our relationship, but it does feel good to not be alone in this. I think we are obsessed with our child. The behavior we are exhibiting is, quite frankly... creepy.
We have, of course, been photographing her every move. Seeing as how she is a newborn and sleeps 18 hours a day, however, she hasn't got enough "moves" to keep us properly occupied, so we've also been photographing her every non-move. Mike has even taken it a step further. He has been videoing her every non-move. I am serious-- we have video of her that might as well be still photos.
Exhibit A:
Enthralling, no?
This isn't the only creepy stalkerish behavior we are exhibiting. We mark her every first on a Baby's First Year calendar that hangs in her bedroom. When I say "every first", I mean every first. I'm sure teenaged Bumble will be very interested someday in celebrating the anniversary of her first poop.
We've also been doing the typical new parent thing and checking to make sure she is still breathing three or twelve times a day when she is suspiciously quiet. I, for one, do not consider this behavior necessarily crazy. Not when there is something in this cruel, unpredictable life called Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Just what in the hell? I find the very idea highly upsetting.
We're having lots of fun with her, though. I highly recommend this baby thing even if it does make you crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hahahahahhaahahahahahaha. Creepers.
OMG that is so cute. I've never been a person to make a fuss over babies (in fact, quite the opposite) but srsly. That is one cute baby.
Thanks :) I think she's pretty great
the look in her eyes seems to communicate that she is aware of how crazy her parents are. I love it though :)
haha! You are right!
Ha ha. Just remember, the more you do now, the more endless guilt you'll suffer when you DON'T do that with your second. If you have a second, I mean! :D
Post a Comment