Tuesday, March 3, 2009

stupider and stupider

I haven't exactly had it all together since I got pregnant. It's a fact (it is!) that pregnancy hormones cause your brain to go a little soft, so I accepted the forgetfulness and spaciness as one more pregnancy symptom. Lately, however, it's gotten so bad that I feel I may be a danger to myself and/or others.

I just discovered that those maternity jeans I have been wearing for months-- the ones that keep falling down repeatedly throughout the day despite supposedly being the right size?-- have an adjustable waistband hidden on the inside.

I went to the grocery store by the hospital after my midwife's appointment to pick up something easy for dinner and settled on a frozen lasagna. When I got home, I saw that it was a meat-lover's lasagna and wanted to cry.

The other night I woke up to get a glass of water and when I poured it into a glass, I freaked out. I kept crying, "Mike, why isn't the water clear? Why isn't the water clear, Mike? What happened to the water?" Mike came to investigate and then gently informed me that I had poured the water into the glass of milk I hadn't quite finished at dinner.

I also seem to have absolutely no concept of my new dimensions. I am constantly bumping my enormous new belly into pots and pans while cooking, hitting it with doors I am trying to close, and running into corners with it when I turn around.

I miss my brain. I hope it comes back soon.


Newest pregnancy development? Constant snoring. How ladylike! I googled "how to stop snoring" and it seems the most effective way is to lose 30 pounds. I can do that! Just give me a few weeks. In the meantime, I picked up some Breathe-Right strips. Poor Mike. I hope they work!

1 comment:

magnet's coil said...

awh, this was the saddest post ever! your brain will gel back up soon. Just pop in some Blues Clues and coast through the last month clapping your hands.