
At just two weeks postpartum, I was already down to my pre-pregnancy weight despite the startling new fat reserves that gave me all the curves of Betty Boop. I've got the Bumble to thank for that. It's not just that nursing burns between 300-500 calories a day (or 1000 if you listen to the nurse in my L&D ward!). Honestly, I'm probably lucky if I'm even getting that many calories a day.
I'm kidding, but seriously-- the Bumble seems to be able to sense when I am about to eat. No matter when I fed her last-- even if was just half an hour ago!-- as soon as she smells that dinner is ready, she needs to eat again. Mike says she just wants to eat with the family, like a dog... (or a human). I have to eat secretly and quickly just not to feel faint.
Of course I could just eat over her. The thing is, I'm simply not comfortable eating hot food over her, and I feel both guilty and a little bit trashy when I notice I've gotten Cheeto crumbs all over her precious little head yet again. Hopefully we'll figure something out before I waste completely away. And I thought the parasite days were over.
7 comments:
haha has she shown excitement towards any particular food smell? I know you're cooking someseeeeennggg deeeeeleeeshuuusss mommmyyyyy...
When Alex was born I swore he knew what the microwave sounded like - he would hear it beep and all of a sudden he was ready for a meal too :)
(hope you don't mind, I found you here too...)
Hello Mollie! :)
That is positively Pavlovian. Babies!
Charlotte, no-- it's just anytime she smells cooking. She just did it again, too. She finished eating at 6:15, fell asleep, I made dinner and it was ready at 6:45. Bam! She's awake and hungry again. This is not possible.
You are amazing. BTW, I just saw Amy. Mast. In Tallahassee. I surprised Heidi for her defense. The only thing missing was... you and Mike!
-Jenn
I can't believe you did that!! YOU are amazing! I wish I could have been there!
She is sooooooooooo adorable!
Post a Comment