By far the best thing about being pregnant is that come your ninth month, you have all the bright and happy powers of Unico. Everyone smiles at you. Big, sappy, gooey smiles of joy. These are the same people who will be glaring a month later when the baby starts fussing in public, I know, but I am enjoying it now. The other day I was waiting to cross the road so that I could mail some letters and traffic stopped just so I could pass. I was jaywalking! I was a slow, waddly jaywalker and the same Philadelphians who regularly get angry and honk and yell at the slightest interruption in their morning commute stopped and watched me walk across the street. I felt a little wary, like it might be a trick, but when I looked at the faces of all the drivers they were smiling. Big, sappy, gooey smiles of joy.
Finally! Some magical powers!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
girl you so close! Just have your dang baby already! People will still give you big sappy gooey smiles for the first couple weeks of baby's life because her crying won't be annoying until she learns how to scream...that's when all of the smiles stop.
I don't think she's going to be born anytime soon.
Post a Comment