Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Remember when I was little?

About 8-12 weeks left of this business. I just had to pack away yet more clothes that I no longer fit into. I miss my old clothes. Maternity clothes are horrible. I would recommend buying in the next size or two up during clearance over buying maternity clothes. Maternity clothes are ill-fitting, unflattering, and just plain ugly.

My bellybutton continues its outward quest. It's sort of half-inner, half-outie now. Charming!

29weeks


I haven't heard back from the midwives, so I assume I am diabeetus-free! Hooray! Mike and I are taking the hospital tour this Saturday morning. I hope it is super fun . I hope it isn't canceled by a sudden flood of laboring ladies. I suppose I should compose a list of questions to ask, but I have no idea where to start...

I see the baby move from the outside all the time now. It freaks me out. She gets the hiccups at night when I am trying to sleep. Do you have any idea how weird it is when something has the hiccups inside you?

I had a dream the other night that Babbit was born and despite the scans that clearly showed she was a she, she was born a he! I was very upset because I didn't have a name picked out yet, and I hadn't written my circumcision preferences in the birth plan, and how come his penis hadn't shown up on the scans? I was very concerned that he was lacking a penis. When I woke up, I told Mike about my very distressing dream and he quite calmly replied, "Well, if the baby is a boy, then of course we will name him Ephram. And if he is born without a penis, we will just leave him to the wolves."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haaaaa Mike is haaallllllaaaaarious! Jakob always got the hiccups and I was so over it by month 7...you need to start scaring the hiccups out of poppy, she'll stop. i want to see your baby!

njicki said...

I hope she is a nice baby. She seems fairly polite now, unlike at the beginning when she was trying to kill me.