Monday, January 19, 2009

oh no no no no NO

Babbit WAS being a good bjaby. Since week 28, she had been head down in the perfect position for easy, uncomplicated birth (well, as easy and uncomplicated as one can reasonably expect...) Now I am 31 weeks pregnant and she has decided to be a BAD BJABY.

Mike and I were snoozling on the couch yesterday evening, watching movies and eating popcorn when Babbit, I guess, got the sudden urge to cuddle with Dad for a change. She didn't let the fact that I am not immaterial stop her, either. As I cried out in surprise and discomfort, Mike put his hand on my belly and felt her yank her head from my pelvis and shove it into my side. And thus she has remained:



Babbit, this is your captain speaking. If you don't go back to optimal birthing position in the next couple of weeks, you are grounded for life. Anytime you don't get your way and you ask me why, my reply will always be the same-- "Because you were a bad bjaby who moved to transverse position in the last couple of weeks before birth, thereby necessitating abdominal surgery on your poor, long-suffering mother. That's why." Nobody wants that Babbity Babbit. So just you go back now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw man that hurts so bad jakob used to pull that shit on me too. oh yeah oh yeah...oh NO you put that wall back up before my dad gets home and beats me!