Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nameless bjaby

No, the bjaby does not have a name yet. Yes, we have been thinking of names. It's getting old and tiresome, though. There are a lot of really great names, most of them unfit for Babbit. Here, for example, are some of my favorite girl names, none of which are Babbit's name:


Alma
Frieda
Molly
Paloma
Penny
Poppy
Susan/Susannah

I wish it was someone else's job to name the baby. I don't think I am good at proper naming. My cat's name is Psychoface. How am I in any way qualified to name a baby?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes you did name your cat psychoface and it ended up living the majority of it's life at someone's else home...is that what's going to happen to Poppy? (which is my personal fave by the way)

njicki said...

Objection! He has not lived the majority of his life in someone else's home. Only half. Sigh. I want him back, I miss him. He is my good friend.


Mike vetoed Poppy.

Kristina said...

I understand that HPV is close enough to ruin Paloma forever, but what's wrong with Alma?

njicki said...

All of the names were Mike vetoed, but also my Bostonian relatives would say "Almer," so I didn't fight too hard for it in the first place :) I do really like it, though.

njicki said...

I vetoed plenty of Mike's choices, too. Sylvia, for example. Not happening.

Anonymous said...

if your child does not have an inventive clever name I will be so disappointed. no pressure.

njicki said...

Does that mean you change your vote to Rosella?