Friday, May 29, 2009

My precious

It's been a few days since we got back from our trip to Atlanta and we're all still feeling like this:



We had a nice vacation though. It was good to visit with friends and family. I just wish we had more time to spend with everyone.

Naturally when we came back from our mini-vacation, we needed to go grocery shopping. While perusing the cheese aisle, a woman approached me and the Bumble. We are used to this now, it happens a lot. Bumble is like a celebrity and I am her exhausted handler who keeps her out of trouble or at least out of the tabloids. People LOVE babies, obviously, but I had no idea to what extent-- strangers will tell you their whole birth stories as soon as they see you holding a newborn. Anyway, the lady approached us and gasped, "What a beautiful baby! She looks just like you!" I smiled and was about to say "Thank you" when the woman suddenly took a step back and frowning, studied us further. "Well, she has your eyes..."

Yeah, okay. I know she doesn't look like me. And I know I spend most of my time looking like this



but MAN. It's hard to get even five minutes to myself each day, so I don't really get to spend all that much time getting pretty. I consider myself lucky if I get to wash my face AND brush my teeth. When I get to take a shower? That is precious to me. Of course holding the baby and playing with her and all that... that is precious, too. What I have is an abundance of precious moments. Every single moment of my day is precious and it's making me feel a little Gollumy-crazy-pants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bumble reminds me of you...except you don't fart on me as much

Jessi said...

Just when does the stranger attention start? I'm definitely showing at this point. I was in the grocery store yesterday and bracing myself for the old ladies touching my belly but.. nothing. Maybe I wear a subconscience "dont even think of touching me" look on my face... i don't know.

BTW: The Bumble is beautiful =)

njicki said...

I don't think it started for me until about a month before she was born