Monday, December 22, 2008

Further horrification of my bellybutton

Knowing it was coming didn't lessen my dismay over the further horrification of my navel and its surrounding area. My bellybutton has gotten flatter and this week (the start of the third trimester) has introduced a new partner-in-crime, the linea negra. That is pregnant-speak for "seemingly pointless dark line that may or may not color your abdomen for all time, especially if you enjoy sunshine." So, you can see why they shortened it.

button2

My bellybutton also appears to have a Byzantine-style halo, a mark of its outward journey. I suppose it's just a symbol of its sanctity and hole-y-ness. (I know, that was lame, but give me a break, I'm tired!)


Sisterly aside: Today I helped Mike's lab win a trivia contest! The question was "How many players are on a hockey team?" Now, I don't know much about hockey (or any other sport), but I DO know all the characters from the great American classic The Mighty Ducks. I just counted them up and we got the question right! Can I get a slow quack?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have never been so proud of anybody in my life

njicki said...

It was a glorious moment.