It is an alarming side effect of pregnancy that you lose your brain. I have to keep a little notepad with me at all times to write notes to myself. Easy, simple things. "Buy candles" "Mail card" "Return library books" "Get laundry from laundry room" "Brush your hair" It's getting ridiculous. I called my sister Ashley today because I forgot how to cook a sweet potato (and the internet was down). Thank goodness it is working now because I wanted to have acorn squash with dinner tonight and I have also forgotten how to cook that. I know the nefarious purpose of this horrible memory loss. It is to make me forget how awful and hellish the first trimester was so that I will want another baby. And it is working! I don't even have one baby yet but I am already agreeing with Mike that we should make a friend for this baby in a couple of years.
I know this is the baby's fault. I know it because I read it in my pregnancy book. Chapter 5: Blame the baby. Blaming the baby has been my favorite part of pregnancy so far. Feeling the baby move is a close second, sure, but having a scapegoat is really useful!
I'm going to have to cut this short. The baby is demanding that I go make some nachos. Darn that baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Blaming the baby when you forget something or make a mistake is fine and even cute. Except, I decided this weekend, if you are a nurse.
P.S. If you move to New Zealand, you can name your baby Back to the Future Smeltzer, so finding out the sex in advance won't be an issue.
Yeah, it's not cute when nurses or anyone else with sharps makes a mistake and blames it on a baby. It's not fair to hit baby with lawsuits as soon as she's born.
It's probably not a coincidence that I was just quoting BTTF last night, since I quote that movie often enough. I was just reciting the whole scene with baby Uncle "Jailbird" Joey... hehehe
Post a Comment