
These child development books are near useless. Yes, it's nice to know roughly when she will start reaching each milestone, but can't you tell me something actually useful, like... when can I go to the grocery store alone with her without there being a total meltdown? When will she be cool with staying in her baby carrier for more than 15 minutes at a time? When will she start enjoying her swing instead of looking upon it as a mean mommy-separating device? WHEN WILL SHE LET ME EAT?
I know, the newborn days are precious and fleeting, and I am appreciating them, I am. I didn't even really mind yesterday's 20-hour-carry-a-thon when she refused to let me put her down without screaming and even the baby-carriers were met with the stink-eye and a pathetic whimper. I'm not complaining. I just want to know what kind of timeline we are looking at here, because I am running out of clothes that haven't been soaked with pee and/or spitup and it would be really great if I could do some laundry.
2 comments:
awww I remember those times when Jakob wouldn't stop crying, sometimes crying with them is the only thing left to do...what is the littlest bee so sad about?
She is learning to master her gas, but it doesn't feel good, so she wants to be cuddled and held. As long as there are cuddles, it is fine, but as soon as i put her down-- torture.
I don't mind the 24-hour cuddlefests, though.
Post a Comment