Some days are inherently less busy than others. When you have a job, the slow days can sometimes be a relief. When you have a job, you can secretly play flash games for 8 hours and no one will notice or question how you spent your time because you were legitimately "at work" all day. When you don't have a job, however, the slow days are pretty painful, especially when you feel guilty about your joblessness.
Every day at breakfast Mike politely asks me what my plans are for the day. Usually, I can rattle off a long list of chores and errands and feel like I am being an equal partner in this little household. Today, though... not so much. I spent yesterday in a frenzy of nervous activity and did pretty much everything that had to be done for several days. In response to Mike's question this morning, I could only weakly offer: "I'm going to walk down to the post box to mail these bills and later... I thought... I might... eat a banana?" I voted early, so I don't even have that to do today.
My only other "plan" for the day was to spend time getting ready for my first OB appointment, primping and fussing as though it were a first date. I am excited! I'm going to pick out my best-fitting maternity outfit and flat-iron my hair and put on my comfiest, warmest, prettiest pair of socks, all so I can try to act casual as I lay there bare-bottomed as some stranger scrapes cells off my cervix. Fun times. I am hoping that I get to listen to the baby's heartbeat or something interesting today. I don't really know what to expect, since not many ladies have their first baby-doctor appointment at 20 weeks. My biggest hope for the day is that I get an ultrasound, but that isn't very likely. They'll probably schedule one for 1 or 2 weeks away, though.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
baby doctor appointments are so uncomfortable...so is the word cervix.
Post a Comment