Friday, November 7, 2008

mystery solved.

I've figured it out. I don't need an ultrasound to know. The baby is not a boy. The baby is not a girl. The baby is not even a baby. What dwells in my uterus is none other than the WB frog.

I feel the baby kicking up a storm and I call to Mike, "Come feel!" and immediately, the baby stops. And as soon as Mike has given up hope of feeling Babbit move and has returned to his regular activities, it's "Come on my baby, come on my honey!" and the baby is dancing away again.

I don't get it, baby. Are you trying to discredit me?

This is one weird kid. I have tried poking and prodding to get the baby to move, to no avail. I figured the baby wasn't reacting because it is so immersed in fluids and general cushiness that it couldn't tell... and yet if I place a very light remote control atop my belly, the kid goes nuts kicking at it. Does this mean the baby likes or dislikes the remote? I am bewildered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hhhaaa the wb frog..i forgot all about that thing, it was such a poser. Always acting like it was dead...at least you know the baby has a sense of humor. if i was your embryo I would want to play cruel jokes on Mike too.

Kristina said...

Childbirth and the circle of life are lovely, but gestation has to be the creepiest thing I've ever heard of.