Thursday, March 24, 2011
Beauty Salon
The Bumble is pretty crazy about my sister Chrissy, who is a hair stylist in Florida. Chrissy is pretty much the most glamorous lady Bumble has ever seen and when Chrissy is around, Bumble wants to be by her side every second. (Which is not a problem because Chrissy also wants Bumble surgically attached to her hip.) When Chrissy is not around, the Bumble talks about aunt Rissy and wants to play beauty salon. And that's how I wound up with a sticky mess of hair that nothing will get rid of.
Last Saturday, I was watching TV with Mike and we were ignoring the Bumble, as usual, when she came into the room and climbed up behind me on the couch so that she could play with my hair. She was having a grand old time, and I didn't realize until later that she had a handful of Pineapple Violet Sugar body scrub in her chubby little palms at the time. I have tried everything to get this stuff out.
I washed it twice with shampoo under hot, hot water. I did a hot oil treatment. I deep conditioned it. I tried tea tree oil, dish soap, vinegar rinse. I even poured a milk over my head. Nothing worked and days later, my hair is still exactly as sticky as it was on Saturday.
So, I am making a hair appointment for a "detox" treatment at the local Aveda school. And a cut because now my ends are fried from overwashing and generally bizarre grooming behavior. It turns out that all that will only cost $30 (+ tip) and I get to spend an entire baby-free afternoon at a spa getting a massage and drinking tea. So... thanks Bumble! Beauty Salon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Such a great story, maybe worth the sticky mess of hair is what i'm thinking...
Post a Comment