Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The stroller

Since there is no bigger thrill in the Bumble's life than riding around in her little red wagon, Mike and I thought she might finally, finally accept the stroller. We purchased a lightweight umbrella, Winnie-the-Pooh style, low investment stroller.

She loves it.



She loves it so much than whenever she spies it idly resting in a corner of the house somewhere, she immediately demands to go for a long walk in it. Then she lounges like a queen as she is pushed around the neighborhood and she shouts HI! at everyone she sees. This, by the way, is how we ran into a potential babysitter, a teenager named Maggie or Matty or Maddy who is Red Cross Certified and whom I will be calling SO SOON.

Anyway, yesterday, Bumble got her stroller out, gently placed her babydoll in it and began to push it around the kitchen while I prepared dinner. Awwww, how cute! I rushed to get the camera, so charmed by my little baby pretending she's the momma. What a sweetheart.



Only when I got the camera, the Bumble realized that her clever pantomime was falling on stupid ears and she began to throw a holy fit.



What a dumb mother she had. What kind of foolish mommy doesn't take such a clear hint? Bumble channelled her grandfather and yelled out "Why don't you use your head for something other than a hat rack?" At least, I think that's what she said. It came out more like a piercing shriek.

I took her for a walk. The tyrant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want Nora on my charades team...what a smartie!

Kristina said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.