Friday, February 12, 2010

Jailbird




Yesterday I decided to try yet again to put the Bee to sleep in her crib. It's been a while since our last attempt. So, when she fell asleep in my lap at 10 PM, I crept over to the crib and very gently placed her in. She didn't even stir. I held my breath while raising the squeaky sidebar, but she slept on. I joined Mike in the living room, full of cautious optimism.

Maybe tonight I could sleep however I wanted. Maybe I could pull covers up to my shoulders and sleep in a ball or on my stomach or in any other position that didn't leave my spine in a twist in the morning. Maybe this would be the night. I knew it surely wouldn't last the entire night, so I decided to go to bed early and get as much freedom sleeping in as possible. It was 10:30.

Two and a half minutes. That's all I got. Bumble rolled over in her sleep and smacked her face into the bars of the crib and woke up angry.

I'll try again.

2 comments:

Emile said...

you will prevail
bumper gaurds?
also soothing heart sounds from a stuffed bear lol

Anonymous said...

awwww the crib is so terrible huh? You should make a mobile and put pictures of you and Mike and the dog on it so that she can be surrounded by all the things she loves the most :)