Friday, December 10, 2010

How does your garden grow

The Bumble is very interested in all our houseplants, but she's not allowed to touch them. I felt bad for her since she obviously wanted to play with the water and the dirt, too, so last week I started a little kitchen scrap garden for her. We planted carrots tops, garlic cloves, beans, and lettuce seeds in some old food containers, then placed them all on a lipped tray in the brightest room of the house and since then, she has been watering to her heart's content.



She loves being able to use the watering can and moving her rock from one pot of dirt to another. I don't think she actually grasps that anything is supposed to grow in her garden, though.



Still, when her lettuce seeds sprouted yesterday, I excitedly called her into the dining room to check it out. I thought she would be thrilled to see a change in her little garden.



She ran over and got down low on the ground to examine the sprouts closely.


What, that's it?

But what she saw left her questioning my mental acuity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you plant any cabbage patch kids?