Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summertime!


We are having a very nice, if surprisingly hot, summer. My family visited us for a week and the Bee got to be cuddled and peekabooed nonstop. During that week, she added "Wheee!", "Bounce!" and "I get you!" to her vocabulary. She has also started saying "Thank you" completely unprompted, which is endlessly sweet. Next week we are visiting Mike's family for a wedding, so the Bee will have the complete large family experience.

Bumble and I made friends at the playground and now we have them over our house for occasional "Mommy's sanity" breaks and Bumble tries to force feed her new friends goldfish (crackers, not tank-dwellers.) Other than that, we've been very busy rereading the same books over and over and over again. Bumble's favorite book is "Orejas de Mariposa," a children's book my sister brought back from Spain. It's about a little girl who gets teased by the other children and how she rebuts them. It says "No!" on every page, which I think is what makes it such a hit. It's also in Spanish. Mike and I have perfected our accents. Pretty sure Bumble is picking up some great Spanish insults, too.

She just climbed into bed with Mike, hitting him over the head with the book until he woke up and started reading to her. Can bookworms be bullies?

2 comments:

magnet's coil said...

:) God, I love Nora.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til I can see the little face again