Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Babbit!

Happy Easter everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in in a while... we were one sick family for a week, then the Bumble kept me very busy for a full week after to make up for all that time we spent laying around groaning and puking.

The bjaby, now tjoddler I suppose, has been a very busy bee. She's learning new words and using them liberally. She's practicing walking and daring herself to take a step here and there. She's discovering new and interesting foods beyond cereal and fruits. Yesterday she ate dog food and a grocery receipt.

The Bumble is a great animal lover and cheerfully says hi! to every bird, dog, squirrel (and recently rabbit) she sees, but she has always been shy when it comes to greeting humans. That all changed yesterday when she was riding around the block in her wagon, feeling like queen of the neighborhood, and she saw some people ride by on their bicycles. Maybe she felt a kinship since they were both on wheels or maybe the thrill of the wind in her wispy little curls gave her a wild hair. Whatever it was, she suddenly sang out her first unprompted, uncajoled, hi! to a stranger. Complete with full arm wave and beaming smile. Their enthusiastic response gave her confidence and she proceeded to smile, wave and say hi! to every other stranger on the sidewalk. In the grocery store, she even went so far as to say "hi dada!" to a college-aged Asian man, to both our confusion and embarrassment.

I hope you all have a nice holiday and find lots of hidden eggs!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Hahaha. Poor Asian kid. Sounds like the Bee is charming the pants off the whole neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud much harder than I anticipated...Nora can't say apple yet, I refuse to accept she's that big of a girl.