I am 11 weeks pregnant now and it has been a long journey so far. You wouldn't think so, considering the short distance between bed and toilet, but it has been. Just for fun, I have been keeping a list of everything I have not yet managed to barf back up again. Here it is:
plain white rice with soy sauce
I hear the second trimester is very kind and that it gives you good hormones and that it makes you pretty and that it grants you three wishes and does your laundry. I hope that it true because I have been staring at week 14 with the tenacity and expectancy of a dog watching turkey dinner. I want to love food again. I dream about food at night.
Pregnancy comes with a strange obsession with food, turning you into a useless food oracle. I say things spontaneously and know them to be desperately true. "I need a pancake!," will come bursting from my lips without consulting my brain at all. Maybe it's less of a food obsession and more a fetal possession. I am my child's meat-puppet.
Whatever. I need a pancake.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know that this is waaaay overdue, but I LOVE this post. Oh and we LOVE you Smeltzer types.
-Jenn
Post a Comment